January 27 is National Chocolate Cake Day, and there's no better way to celebrate than with one of most famous chocolate cakes enjoyed coast to coast and out on the high seas – Carnival Cruise Line's Melting Chocolate Cake.
Not on a Carnival cruise vacation right now? Not to worry. This easy-to-make, yet perfect chocolate cake can be baked and enjoyed from the comfort of home.
Thanks to Chef Russel Gomes from the Carnival Kitchen aboard Mardi Gras, simply follow along with the video and recipe below to bring this delicacy from your favorite cruise vacation to life in your own kitchen.
“It is the perfect way to top off any meal. It’s a classic dessert and loved by everyone.” said Gomes. “Even a novice baker can make this delicious cake!”
Notice the recipe uses less flour than a traditional cake – that’s how you get the delicious melting chocolate center.
Pro tip: don’t forget to add a scoop of ice cream!
The following recipe makes four servings.
Five Simple Ingredients
Chocolate: 6oz semi-sweet, 3oz sweet
Butter: 6oz unsalted
Five Easy Steps
- Melt the chocolate and butter
- Mix eggs and sugar and whisk for a few minutes, then add flour
- Add the egg mix to the melted chocolate and mix
- Pour the mix in a greased soufflé dish or baking-safe cup
- Add a bit of water to a pan and place the small dishes on top, then bake in oven at 350°F for 20 minutes